Thursday, June 14, 2018

Tweet----tweet....My fascination with Arthur 14/06

For those of you who has been reading my blog, you will notice I have an affinity to write on Arthur and his exploits. Its true for I grew up reading those tales from the simplified version to the contemporary ones.

Why Arthur?

Guess I grew up reading them from the school library. The tales were fascinating and of course, the adventures with the knights were always evergreen. Even up to now, with the vast library in the internet, I am learning new things about Arthur; some which you may had seen in the tales told here.
I guess with age and influences by new media, I have indulged my hero into new worlds.

I came then across the personal behind the myth.

Artorius; Primus of the Roman Legion.

I read about Artorius for years back in my nightly research, and decided to embark on that. Artorius tale will be in parts or seasons as seen on the TV. I have done Season 1 which is now being published here. The tale build around the Legionnaires and the leader but it will have some new revelations never seen before. I am going to displayed the many sides of each character. Be prepared for a new Arthur, and his knights.

Why the Antoinne Wall?

Well, for one. Many of us know of the Hadrian Wall but the above was hardly mentioned. It lies north of the Hadrian Wall. I would assumed that the Emperor then wanted to build the new wall up north in his campaign to stop the northern invaders attacking them at the South. With the new wall, the Romans can then build up the land before it but the Wall although it existed and worked then but the Romans were recalled back to Gaul to capitalise on it. Hence the campaign was halted. It could be then that role of Artorius who had stayed on and defended the land there. He stayed behind to defend the locals and the ones who had set up their homes there. He did his task and that may be how the legend of Arthur came about.

When will we get Season 2?
 Its in the pipeline. I have not been posting frequently due to work, and health and I was building up a buffer on the tales in my library. I have three tales done; shorter than the 50K words but at around 25-30K words to publish. I am still writing as of now, on my free time or when I am not asleep. I had some thoughts to my tales; I need to vary the approach and maybe some new heroes or heroine. I won;t deny some of the passages are heated and out of norm but its all part of my character buildup. So prepare thyself, for Arthur II may not be any fairy tale.

And how am I recovering from my hole in one?
Well, the medication done, the left 'tit' is still supple albeit its tender to squeeze ( hahaha ..... ain;t no lemonade there from the lemon for now. ) but I could sleep at night on my left side. And I am avoiding any manholes; covered or not, and keeping my sight ahead ( that's tough given past attempts have shown my sight has its own trajectory on its line of sight. ).

Yes, I am writing on Heroes Seven IV. Its a prequel on Watson before he met Holmes. It will explained on some intriguing issues like why he kill when he was the healer. It will be a short tale at 25K and then I will embarked to complete another tale I left hanging at 75 words....

Yes, I have in mind, a Tarzan / Jane tale. Dark one there.

Till my fingers grew tired of moving, let us move on with our life. And enjoy the journey.

Cheers


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...