Saturday, January 27, 2018

Replies to some questions posed to me... 27/01/18

Thank you for some of you who asked me some questions of late in the comments, and thank you for doing so. I will reply here.

One, I am no techie besides a fan of sci-fi series and movies, so I can't really help you at which platform to use ie WordPress or Joomla. I used here is the blogger.com page and it have served me well for over five years now. 

Two, I do apologies for the spellings and grammars especially the earlier postings. English was not my first language, spoken or written ( we were taught English as a communicative subject in school hence the adverbs and tenses were secondary to the hellos and how's. ). But I learned the language the only the easy way; talking and understanding and correcting myself. As I did with other languages I picked along the the years. 

Three, I started off writing here as well as some other blogs as a fun time to interact with my daughter who was then in High School. She introduced me to the blog and being the dinosaur in the build and mind, I plodded on with clumsy steps. I started off with some small tales like the Male Tales, and then it went viral I guess. The fingers tapped and the laptops churned the data until the hard disk crashed ( a few since then ) but I did not stop. I enjoyed it especially after a long day of stress at work (my work does and its a relieve to be here. ) I used to type almost daily at least 3 to 4 hours, with the mind releasing the tale. I don't have one really planned but it just evolved as I write. I do try to stay at 25K for short tales or 50K for the novel length.

Four, yes, health took a beating the last few months and work belted onto the back like a slave master hence I was away from the keyboard. I have some other personal issues but its all being sorted. I gave myself time to step back and let loose my mind. Yes,. nothing creative came around, or it may had but only glimpses. I admit I do feel bad about it but I reckoned I needed time. 

And that time has to end soon. I will be writing this weekend like now. And from then I will complete my unfinished tales. So please stay with me. 

Cheers

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...