Monday, October 17, 2016

Tweet....Tweet....I will be back.,..

Like in the cold weather, the bear needed to hibernate. I did the same but it was not the cold. It was the dread of 'nothing to write' syndrome and the other more important part of survival; the need to feed my family with food. I was caught up in my works; living my hours solving the issues there. And also drumming my fingers next to my keyboard with the creativity drained out by the spare minutes I have left before the sleep takeover.

Yes, I owe an apology to all of you, and I do. I am sorry for the sudden withdrawal. At my age, 'sudden withdrawal' does happened (pun intended ). We will leave that for another day to talk on.

So what did happened?

I could not stop writing. That's one.

Another it was my daughter who introduced me to blogging. My wife encouraged initially ( it was better than pre-viewing 'pinky images' in her words. ( more puns intended ). It was good till she asked me 'are you married to your blog?'. I had to skip the amendments i had to undergo to correct her perception for some spine painful acts. (Darn! No wonder we never need workouts in the gym when we were more agile then.)

And third, my son approached me for a paper in his college works. When your son who normally 'mumbles and muffled' his speeches to you asked you in 'clear defined words'; you have to reply. I did and his question was 'do you have a personal interest like a hobby?" ( I am sure I locked the bedroom door ....most times. It was the incessant knocks that irate me. ) I told him yes; I loved to write. I can confessed it was better not to admit to anything that may set you for more...love? Had that done but he shoved me a set of questions that asked me what I like to do. ( No puns intended but even at my age, we still do favor ourselves as younger and agile in the contortion moves. ). I read his questions and then I started... writing. And I wrote my heart out.

And here I am now back here.

I have an unfinished tale here of the Lone Ranger, He went to Hell and have yet to emerge ( it was Hell watching Suicide Squad on the huge screen..... I swore it was suicidal for old timers ...had to admit my age and ardent reader of the comic, it make my pacemaker drumming like the Zulu Drums and it wasn't Harley Quinn bending over. It was a disastrous outing like when Captain America had to unmasked on every film he made. Spare me the agony please...I get that in the work place. ).

Back to the Lone Ranger, I shall return to finished it and so will I do the unfathomable submarine tales. On the burner now, with the renewed 'agility' from some spine tingling exercise, I have done about 70K words on a legend. And its not completed yet. I need some more fingers drumming to complete it and will do so before I publish it here.

How soon?

At my older rate, soon enough. At my current rate, its improving. ( And I am not talking of my antics elsewhere. )

Oh, oh....gotta pen off. Mama Dowager is here. She is holding the whip and I was naughty.

God, don't spare me from this. Its one of the benefits of staying ....alive. ( pun intended there.)

Cheers
ee

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...