Monday, June 29, 2015

Mordred 4.1

4

The Previous Realm

I held on tight to the rails while Merlin kept the energy field intact. He was assisted then by Fangnir who lent its energy to the former. I wanted to assist but the energy currents then was too strong for me. I could hardly stand lest alone move. I was to try when the craft gave out an eerie sound. I saw it then the change in the craft interior. There were flows of energies around us. It was not from the vortex but within those of us in the crafts. I have seen these forms of energies in my tasks, but never so many variations. It was emitting from those there; some evil which were suppressed by their conscience, some were hidden evils that lurked within but never revealed, some were pure evil like from Fangnir.

“Fangnir!” I called out. “Your energies are corrupting the others.”

Fangnir laughed out at my voice and then turned towards me.

“I am a free spirit of the realm. I cared not what happened here. Merlin invited me to lend my energy and what he desires shall be given.” Fangnir voiced to me. “Good and Evil. Both reside in me.”

The situation was getting bad, and I looked to Merlin. He was himself immersed inside his spell to hold the energy field. I forced myself to move and raised my right arm. I called on the elements of the Wind to pull Fangnir off Arthur but they were stuck. Fangnir saw my approach and reverted to its former form of the dragon. At that time, Merlin screamed out in pain and the craft went into a series of jolts and more shearing noise was heard on the inner hull. That could only mean the outer plates were gone. I was tossed like a broken doll and landed among those seated nearby.
We are losing integrity on the craft protective surface. It was then I felt the evil presence.

“Hello, Guardian.” I looked up and saw a familiar space from my days. It was Stony, the blacksmith. He was not a wizard but had assisted many in their needs for his trade products. There he appeared before me in his energy aura but the vibes were evil.

“Surprise? Don’t be. I have always envied you and them. With our skilled crafts, you were above us in the ranks, but the humble can be also the superior if only they knew how. I knew the method was to learn indirectly. Your kinds assumed the others like me would not learn so there was no concern on us. Well, you are wrong.”

“I learned more than you can ever guess.” Stony reply came with the metal enshrouded energy blasts that threw me off the rails towards the lower deck. They came out of his hands like flying daggers of metal energy. “See not all wizards knew how to blend the spells.”

I was lying among the others whom I had crashed onto. They were not spared the metal daggers which pierced their bodies. The attack was ferocious and there was nothing I could do for the others. It was a call for survival.

I called on a spell to raise myself up and then floated to the upper deck again. It was strenuous with the energy field and the unfamiliar environment created by the vortex. I was to call on my skilled crafts to attack the blacksmith when Fangnir strike out. The later was in its dragon form and had disengaged from the link. I saw Arthur still holding on at Merlin but he was not conscious then. I turned in time to see Fangnir had enveloped the blacksmith with its own energy field. Stony fought to get out of the clutches of Fangnir but it held tight. It was ancient spell of absorbing one’s aura and was forbidden by the Council. It was one of Fangnir deadly spells. Soon Fangnir had swallowed Stony’ aura and then the dragon flee into the other decks. It will need time and a private place to digest the aura.

“My servants will fight for me.” With that Fangnir fled the deck. I was to give chase when Merlin stopped me.

“Mordred, I need you here.” Merlin called out. “Fangnir can wait. The energy field needs your energy too.”
I made my move towards Merlin when the blow hit me from the rear.


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...