Monday, June 22, 2015

Mordred 1.3

“There is a Class D pervert out there. Get that sorted out.” Captain Lovelet has an uncanny way of calling the demons by another name. He once told me that by not referring to them as demons, does not give him nightmares. In his dreams, he hunts down the perverts and buried them in a wooden casket but before he plastered them with enough holes for the rats to run as a maze.

Class D was the definition for Deviant Demons aka violent ones. The Class A was the gentler ones while E was the mega show stopper.

“Why didn’t you get Charley here?” Daley asked for we were normally called for Class E and above.

“Charley was here. He lost the challenge and nursing at the van.” The Captain explained. “The pervert has also downed four of the recruits for your section.”

“Geez, that’s Class E” I replied while passing by the Captain.

“Mordred, I know my ABCD. That’s a Class D and your mates are all dunce with a capital D in their works.”

I ignore the Captain on his outburst. I drew out my gun and stepped towards the Square. The gun of mine was no ordinary gun. It looked like a Magnum 44 Colt Anaconda with the six bullets cylinder but the exception was my bullets were handcrafted with demon dust. When it impact onto the demon it will explode within its soul and extinguish it. It was made by the Wizards Council headed by one elderly wizard named Merlin.

“Darn!” I saw then the demon. It was not huge but a midge in dimension. It looked like a small dragon with green scales but its body was human in design minus the head which had a fin on it and that side dorsal ears. It stood at less than two feet and should not weigh more than twenty pounds. Honestly, I disliked small demons. They are always misleading in the cover look. The puny sized demon saw me and then snarled.

“Class D? Darned thing should be in Class A. It’s like a Teddy bear.” Daley laughed. Then he looked at it and made more remarks. “Don’t they get any larger ones there? This guy is small.”

“Don’t judge the book by its cover.” I replied and just then, the puny dragon snorted off its flame at us. In comparison the streak of flame was larger and it was hot. I had then turned my face to avoid the searing heat but Daley took it on at full force. If not the force field spell that Daley had on, he would be crisp fried by then. I needed no spell for my natural body defence had built a cocoon of energy field around me. I turned towards the demon and raise up my hand to motion a ‘no’ towards the dragon.

“Now will you shut up on your mouth piece. That’s a Class D category.” I retorted Daley.

“It was his comment.” The dragon replied. “Same as the other guy. They think alike. I am no male.” The dragon replied and displayed its identification towards me. “I disliked generalization.”

“Okay.” I replied. “No offence needed here. Daley is ….too old to recognized one anyway. He isn’t seen one for some years now.”

“Maybe he likes me to his height.” The dragon then heaved in its breath and the frame grew from two feet to a height of twice that of Man while its scales turned crimson red. ”Now can he see the difference.”

I nodded and then jolted Daley at it. He in turn did the same. The demon was double my dimension and at eight feet, it did look intimidating. The mistaken identity of its gender was not in any doubt then.

 “So what’s with the drama here?” I asked the dragon. “Some wizard got your tail tangled?”

“I don’t know. One moment I was in the New Salem and next I was here.” The dragon replied. “It was unusual. I tried to move back but I was not sure. Then the people here started hurting me and I hit back. Even your other friend was unkind.”


I then shook my head. We all lived in a strange world. 

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...