Friday, August 19, 2011

MALE TALES Issue 1.073; Personal Journey

Issue 1.073: Personal Journey ....
I once read that Micheangelo or was it Da Vinci would actually paint over their finished pieces of art, as there was not enough canvas to paint on or he may find inspiration to change the painting once over.  
So you might get a painting within another.
Just like me now, as a writer ( self claimed.... hahaha... ) I am never satisfied with my drafted works; I go back and amend the words and passages, hoping to make it better. Or worse.  But lately, I told myself, hold the rein as that piece is ‘finito’; shall let it be. And go on with the next unfinished story, so you can join the missing threads together. So I had to curb my fingers from editing the edited and move on.
Just like in life, we cannot go back and fixed the missing threads or missing sections, we just moved on and rectify from there.
But if I could, like in Quantum Leap ( the TV series ), gee, I got a long list of ‘what if.... ‘ but I can;t really do all of that.
As the saying goes, altering the past will not improve the future, but we can make amends to the present to rectify the past, so that in the future we do not need to be concern on  it. But not all the past can be amended and we just had to leave it as it is, to there by itself.
I made many decisions in my lifetime, sometimes against the will of others and sometimes with consent, but the outcome of those decisions are not as per planning; and I accepted those results.
My only thought here is we do as our heart and mind tells you, and do away with any influence by others, but take in advice for consideration. The journey is determined by your own decision, and your own responsibility.
After all life is too short to have double takes..


No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...