Monday, August 24, 2026

Tweet .......Odyssey ...

 

Preys and Predators VIII

Odysseus the new Odyssey

An adaption of Odysseus / The Tempest

A mix-match of tale into one long tale

Period time place: Steampunk/ Mystical / Fable

 

First part of the journey

14th June 2026

Jimmy Loong

“Why cover the same ground again? ... It goes against my grain to repeat a tale told once, and told so clearly.”
― Homer, 
The Odyssey

An odyssey is a long, adventurous journey or a series of experiences that profoundly change a person. The term comes from the ancient Greek epic poem The Odyssey by Homer, which recounts the perilous 10-year voyage of the hero Odysseus returning home from the Trojan War.

“I am not retelling the tale, but adapting it to a new journey.” Jimmy Loong 27th July 2026

“Done Part 1, and it’s only at 50K words, and the journey was only three, to the full journey of twelve by Odysseus in the Odyssey.” Jimmy Loomng 30th July 2026.

“Today is Aug 20th, and I am at Chapter 40 (67K words) and it has been a journey of sorts. Odysseus journey held 12 challenges (more like Hercules 12 tasks), and I am now at the 5th challenge. It can be considered not my usual pace but I had other works which took priority but I am back.” Jimmy Loong 20th August 2026.

I am at 71K words now..... 

Just to let you know what I have been doing........

No comments:

Tweet .......Odyssey ...

  Preys and Predators VIII Odysseus the new Odyssey An adaption of Odysseus / The Tempest A mix-match of tale into one long tale Per...