Friday, July 3, 2020

Tweet...tweet as we make it to the 2nd Half of 2020

2020 had been a tough nut to crack with the epidemic literally wiping out the world off its arse but with the rest of the year, we will recover. I had to admit the lockdown for over two months was good to me in terms of writing but once the coming weeks since we resumed normal life, the pressure of life flooded in like the torrential rains.

And like the weather, I am on the drought now. I learned that in the realm of creative writing, it like sex, you stopped and you lose pace. The juices (pardon the sex-pression here) just go dry. I have not penned (or was it being penned. Oh,,,, sounds like S&M) for a month, with my focus on other matters..... I have not a single tale, to begin with. Ziltch in the mind.... just staring at the screen, with a thousand words done and then the fingers clenched.

Dinna worry, I have in the archive some other new tales. Today, I have posted up the last of Deep Seas (an adventure I took in mid 2010's) and soon after I am releasing the new tale; APES and Man. It was inspired by PLANET OF THE APES of the 70's with a different flavor to it. 

In the mid-2010's I was on a hormone fused mood and did a number of tales like DEEP SEAs, Lone Ranger, and others but I had to re-write some to get the cohesion of characters and plot. I was embarrassed at what was there ie the unfinished tales, and the weak finishing of some (i read them all again).

I had penned again to complete it. Or redo the endings. I do apologize for them. I had no editor and it was all posted upon completion. Recently, I got some new software to assist me in tracking and also organize my thoughts. No more diving into the deep end of the pool and learn to swim. There is a challenge in me to complete the tales to its proper ending. I just don't want the loose endings or unfinished ones like the earlier DEEP SEAS and Lone Ranger.

Anyway onto better things, like all droughts, the weather will change and the rain will come. And I will be filling up the tales again. Meanwhile do enjoy the current offerings.

And above all, take care and stay safe.

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...