Friday, June 7, 2019

Dark 15: Was I the first...



Four older folks sat down for tea at the park with the pigeons pecking at the crumbs thrown to them. Of the four older folks, two were ladies. They are all in their eighties in age and had on their Sunday best for their meet.

"Sam, how old you?" Sam looked at the other who asked.

"Dean, I am as old as you are. We both shared the same date. I may be older by an hour but no one counted the hours when you were born."

"But you know. I don't remember mine. I..." Dean replied.

"Dean, you don't even remember your own birth date." Eunice, the other lady spoke out from the left side of Dean. "You can't even..."

"I do remember something.... other things I do very well." Dean stared at the lady who denied him his saying. "I do recall I fucked you but it was not my first. Sally was my first."

"Oh my God! Of course, we fucked. I am your wife." Eunice infuriated then snapped back. "But you were not the first I did."

"Ahem! Eunice, I think Sam meant well." The fourth person replied.

"Oh shut up, Tilly. I know you well. You were Sam's first. And he told me soon after we fucked." Eunice stared at the other lady.

"Ladies, if I may...:" Sam interrupted. "I am sure..."

"Sam McCoy, don't you deny it all now that we are old." Tilly looked at Sam. "And how could you fuck Eunice? Soon after you told me I was your..."

"Tilly, you are. We got married. didn't we? For fifty over years...." Sam defended his love for Tilly.

"And you never told me you fucked Eunice. Was she your first? I am..."

"Tilly, I remembered now. It was you I fucked." Dean smiled when he got his memories sorted out. "Sally was before and then Eunice. I was the stud then."

The conversation was to end when another figure stepped up towards them. He was an elderly figure in a white robe and held a huge ledger in his arms.

"Okay, I am St, Peter. I am here to process your application to Heaven. Who's first?"

"Neither of us was the first!" The four old folks replied unison. "We are waiting for Sally. She is to die today."

No comments:

The Highland Tale Notes and onto Merrlyn

 The biggest challenge to re-writing or adapting a well known tale was to make it your own. As I had mentioned before, I wanted to do this t...